Individuals Who Wish to Obtain a Real Estate License Must:
1. Before applying for a license, candidates must complete all pre-licensing education requirements. Contact the Idaho Real Estate Commission and see the License Application Forms Directory on the inside back cover.
2. Make a reservation (by phone, by fax, or online) with Pearson VUE for the examination.
3. Go to the test center on the day of the examination, bringing along all required materials.
4. Pass the exam and complete the fingerprinting process. Apply for a license.
5. After passing the examination and receiving notice of fingerprint approval, candidates must submit their application forms and fees to the Idaho Real Estate Commission in accordance with Idaho license law and policy.
License Exam Information
Idaho Real Estate Commission contracts with Pearson VUE to administer the Idaho real estate licensing exams. Idaho test centers are in Boise, Coeur d’ Alene, and Pocatello, and Pearson VUE offers testing at many other locations nationwide.
To make an exam appointment (required) or locate a test center near you, visit www.pearsonvue.com or call (877) 540-5833.
For more detailed information on the license exam process, see the Pearson Vue Idaho Candidate Handbook.
You may find it helpful to study the following before taking the Idaho Portion of the Exam:
Idaho Real Estate License Law & Rules (Free Download here)
Idaho Real Estate Handbook, 1st Edition (we need order info here)
Idaho Real Estate School Information
Idaho Real Estate School is a state certified Real Estate school offering both day and night classes to satisfy all requirements for licensing in Idaho.
**ONCE YOU HAVE MADE THE DECISION TO GET STARTED OR HAVE STARTED THE LICENSING PROCESS, PLEASE RETURN TO OUR SITE TO SUBMIT YOUR INTERESTS. WE WILL HELP YOU BUILD A TIME LINE AND BEGIN THE ACTUAL PREPARATION FOR A SUCCESSFUL REAL ESTATE CAREER PRIOR TO COMPLETING YOUR LICENSING PROCESS. THANK YOU**